Who are we?
LaPointe-Fisher Nursing Home is a family owned and operated long-term care facility in business since 1982. The home is situated close to downtown Guelph, near the Guelph General Hospital and offers 92 beds. LaPointe-Fisher is a fully licensed home and is regularly inspected by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care to ensure compliance with Ontario standards.
Our nursing home is especially proud of our Accreditation Certificate awarded to us by Accreditation Canada which recognizes excellence, quality, compliance, accountability and value.
Vision and Values of LaPointe-Fisher
At LaPointe-Fisher we strive to be the “Home of Choice” by always putting our residents first. We have a number of values and beliefs that our staff share such as:
- The belief that this is the resident’s home
- Respecting the resident’s rights
- Promoting interdisciplinary team spirit
- Recognizing and striving to meet the holistic needs of each resident
- Providing opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Honesty and integrity
- Using our resources wisely
- Community involvement
- Continually assessing and improving the quality of our care and services
The nursing home is set up with three floors, two of which are occupied by our residents, while the third contains our physiotherapy room, activity rooms, laundry facilities, hairstyling salon and kitchen. Both resident floors contain a spacious dining room with large windows and access to an outdoor deck.