- March 12, 2020
- Posted by: LaPointe Fisher
- Category: News
Update: October 20/20
Based on the recommendations from the Ministry of Long-Term care we are taking action to protect our residents from the COVID-19 Virus. As restrictions continue to lift we are asking all families to remain diligent and safe when visiting with your loved ones.
- Please see our updated Visitation Policy: Visitors of Residents-Essential and Non-Essential COVID-19 – Revised September 23 **Please note that due to high community spread, at this time only 1 individual will be permitted to visit a resident at a time. This rule applies to both general visitors and caregivers**
- Please see our new Resident Leave of Absence Policy: COVID19 – Resident LOA Policy – October 16 **Please note that due to high community spread, at this time there will be no Temporary or Short-Term Absences for our residents**
- Please see the recent media release from our WDG Chief Medical Officer of Health regarding long-term care and retirement home restrictions https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/news/protecting-long-term-care-homes-second-wave-covid-19
- We still HIGHLY RECOMMEND utilizing our virtual visitation or outdoor visitation options while the weather is so beautiful.
- The home is currently accepting all deliveries/packages for residents except for home-cooked meals. Please do not handle items if you are feeling unwell. Items can be dropped in the tote outside the front door during business hours (8:30-4:30 M-F). All items will be disinfected and promptly delivered to the resident.
- Please see the attached link for Infection Control measures that visitors should take as visitation reopens. https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/sites/default/files/ipac_package_for_visitors_in_ltc_and_rh.pdf
Thank you for your understanding. The health and safety of our staff and residents is our top priority as the province gradually re-opens.